Why Should I Take the Time for Backlinks?
Backlinks are essential to ranking on search engines. Ask yourself: What is my backlink strategy? Don’t have one? Don’t worry. AwesomeDynamic.com is here to help with all of your SEO needs. The best ways to gain new inbound backlinks is to actively ask for them from high authority websites or to create compelling or industry niche content that bloggers and major websites across the internet will want to link to.
How Backlinks Actually Work
An inbound backlink is simply a link from another website on the internet that leads to any page on your website. A backlink is usually linked to your site through blue underlined text in an article. The following list are different white hat SEO angles and tips to gaining more inbound backlinks. White hat SEO are techniques that get you ranked online and are search engine guideline friendly. More backlinks means higher ranking on Google which leads to more customers and sales!
- Steady blog
- Link to other blogs on your blog – bloggers may return the favor
- Create resource lists
- Informational pages or FAQs
- Create case studies about your clients
- Host a webinar
- Create free tools or resources for your customers. For example, if you sell paint, make an app where you can design your room online or match colors to pictures
- Create templates if it makes sense for your business
- Create visual content like original infographics or presentations or memes
- Have funny content
- Write a press release or send out a joint press release with another company (can reach thousands of other sites that your site may not have linked to
- Write press releases that people actually want to read
- Get interviewed for haro.com
- Pick up the phone – start calling local newspapers, schools, chambers, local charities, event companies, television stations, radio stations, and more and just ask if you can have a backlink. Try exchanging your services or creating a relationship first.
- Use online communities and forums – become involved
- Use social media to your advantage – install social sharing widgets
- Speak at an event
- Volunteer to be the subject of a case study
- Help other businesses fix errors on their sites and ask for a backlink
- Write comments on blogs and advertise your website – industry blogs work best
- Free trials