As an Amazon Seller consultant company, we take inbound and outbound shipments very seriously. After all, it’s your product and profit on the line. We want to see you succeed and eventually clear out while continuing to make consistent purchase orders.
Recently, Amazon announced that they have increased the maximum potential replacement value to $5,000 per item for units that you send to Amazon FBA (Fulfillment By Amazon) centers. This is amazing protection as most sellers are not selling items valued at more than $5,000 per unit. For products that are valued at more than $5,000, Amazon recommends that you consider buying third party insurance and so do we!
This is just another step that Amazon has taken to ensure that when your inventory is lost or damaged under their control, they will either replace the item with one of the same, or they will pay you the evaluated replacement value of your lost inventory.
The terms of lost or damaged inventory are as follows:
- Damaged by an Amazon partnered carrier
- Damaged or lost in the fulfillment center
- Items missing within an Amazon fulfillment center for 30 consecutive days
- Damaged during delivery to a customer
- Items lost or damaged while being shipped to a fulfillment center using Amazon partnered carriers
Items not covered by this policy are as follows:
- FBA forbidden products
- Products that do not follow FBA inventory requirements
- Restricted products lost or damaged during removal
- Faulty products or units lost or damaged by customers, distributors or sellers
- Small parcel items shipped using Amazon partnered carriers that were damaged due to poor packaging
- Expired or defective products that reach the fulfillment center damaged