What is Amazon Feedback vs. Amazon Review ?
Amazon feedback – 1-5 stars and comments left on your product page by a seller
Amazon review – 1-5 stars and comments left on your product page by a buyer
3 Ways to React to Negative Amazon Feedback or Reviews
- Revision or Removal of the Amazon feedback or review by Customer
- Removal of Amazon feedback or review by Amazon
- Comment publicly in reponse to the Amazon feedback or review
Revision or Removal of Feedback or Review by Customer
Example: Baby Diaper Backpack holds 6 pack of cans – cooler compartment that helps keep something cold. Baby formula bottles. Revise your review and customize listing and improve it so you don’t get similar negative Amazon feedback or reviews or the same issue returning over and over. Change the product detail, product title, or out of the bullet points. Use a perspective that resonates with the customers in the right way.
There are some items you can’t get around like too expensive or too big. Reaching out to the customer brings a lot of opportunity. Can actually call up customers and give full refund, don’t worry about a hassle return and give another product you may like. Result: customer shocked they called, gave a product for free, no return, and he changed the review – 1 star to a 5 star. Get a lifelong customer.
Give customers easy to follow steps – make it easy to revise or remove their Amazon feedback or review.
Removal of Feedback or Reviews By Amazon
- Take a look at the guidelines from Amazon for leaving Amazon feedback or reviews.
- Go to the product details page.
- Find the negative Amazon feedback or review.
- Click the “report abuse” link.
- Pop up window appears and indicate the reason for your request.
Don’t spam too often for request for removal of negative Amazon feedback or reviews if there is no guideline violation. Amazon tracks reputation.
Common guidelines include fake reviews, unhappy customers writes many reviews for same product, competitors review your product, obscene or vulgar language, 1 word reviews can be violations, personal information like phone numbers or URLs, no advertising or spam.
Comment Publicly To Amazon Feedback or Reviews
Just like Google reviews and online reviews, customer service comes first. Remember that your response can be on for years. Remain polite and courteous. Do not offer incentives. Example: I will refund you this if you change the review. However, you can offer a refund with the hopes that they change the review. It’s important to use the right language. “Ill refund your money and give you a new one and we would appreciate if you changed your review. We strive for 5 star reviews”.
Tips for Responding Publicly on Amazon:
- Do not pressure the customer
- Explain the measures that were taken to solve the problem
- Be specific to the review
- Do not use a template. Customers will know
- You have the option to offer a partial or full refund
- Do not give incentives for refunds or better review
- Thank the customers for feedback
- Use a real first name from your team or customer support
Check out our related webinar and blog, below: