Some FBA merchants in Seller Central can now add videos to their product listings as part of Enhanced Brand Content (EBC).
For now, Seller Central EBC video is being rolled out as a beta test opportunity (invitation only) extended to certain 3rd party Sellers by Amazon. Amazon previously provided the option of video to enhance product listings solely to merchants on Vendor Central who purchased “A+” content services.
Participants will presumably work with Amazon to test the functionality of the process and report on any problems with the processes of both posting and any fixes. As of the date of this blog’s publication, there is no word on when Amazon anticipates an end to the beta/invitation phase of the Seller Central EBC video rollout.
To qualify for Seller Central EBC video, invitees must already be participating in Amazon’s Brand Registry program, with their branded SKU’s enrolled in the Brand Registry. Assuming the invitation process is as cryptic as some other Amazon initiatives, you may want to check yourself to see if you’ve been invited. You can do this by manually checking the options available to you in the Enhanced Brand Content tool.
Get a Free Quote Today!
How Do I Add the Seller Central EBC Video to My Listing?
Assuming you are eligible, and that you have a finished video to upload (call us at 800-238-1811 if you need help creating professional, persuasive and compelling Seller Central EBC video and product photography that complies with Amazon specifications), you can add the Seller Central EBC video to your listing this way:
Navigate to the Enhanced Brand Content section of Seller Central (Advertising > Enhanced Brand Content).
Enter in your SKU and click “Get Started”
Click on the “Add Video” button
Upload your Seller Central EBC video, add a thumbnail (a graphic that depicts an image from your video and serves as the icon for your video). If a thumbnail is not provided, Amazon will automatically create one. Complete the form and click on “Submit”.
Get a Free Quote Today!
Where does my Seller Central EBC video show up on the detail page?
- The video renders in two places:
- Underneath the thumbnail images at the top of your listing
- In the “Related Video Shorts” section
After I submit a Seller Central EBC video, how long will it take until my video shows up on the detail page?
- It varies. Amazon says it can take up to 7 days for them to approve EBC content before it is published, but there are some reports that some Seller Central EBC video is going live as soon as 6 hours after submission
Can I remove a Seller Central EBC video?
- Yes, by clicking “Edit” next to the submission on the EBC page and checking “delete video from detail page”
What kind of content is allowed in a Seller Central EBC video?
- Roughly the same as standard Enhanced Brand Content description
- Full list of content that is NOT allowed in a Seller Central EBC video:
- Referencing your company as a seller or distributor, or providing company contact information
- Mention of competitor’s products or seller authorization such as"product only sold by authorized resellers"
- Pricing or promotion information such as "cheap, affordable, on-sale, etc."
- Information about shipping details such as"free shipping","shipping timelines"
- Boastful comments such as"top selling product,""hottest item,""#1 selling item"
- Time-sensitive product information:"on sale now" or"best new product of the year"
- Information about customer reviews from Amazon or any other site
- Adding editorial or third party quotes from external sources such as magazines and television shows
- Any warranties or guarantees of any form, e.g., "satisfaction guarantee, money back, etc."
- Logos from brands or organizations other than your own or multiple brand logos in a single video view
- Web links or language attempting to redirect to other sites inside or outside of Amazon (including your other products)
- Any mention of products being used in ways that violate the law or for criminal activity
- Offensive content such as videos containing nudity, profanity, illegal activities.
- Videos for which you don't own the rights, leading to copyright infringement.
What are the specifications for the Seller Central EBC video and thumbnail?
- Highest quality (resolution and bitrate) possible
- Formats accepted:
- Highest quality possible
- Formats accepted: JPEG or PNG
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: Minimum 1280x720, Preferred 1920x1080
- Color profile: RGB
- DPI: Minimum 72, Preferred 300