2 Methods For SEO Backlinks
There are two ways to obtain backlinks: Actively gain backlinks or create compelling content that attracts people to link to you. Do not pay for backlinks. Get involved in online communities and forums. This can help you with SEO backlinks but also give you more of an online presence as well as deal with similar issues that other small business owners have already faced. Creating a high quality website and establishing trust and a reliable online reputation is extremely difficult to do. If you can build a niche in your industry and be the go to source for information not only on your product or service but the industry in general, more people will start to trust you and backlink to your content.
Active SEO Backlinks
An example of an active SEO backlink would be a divorce law firm. They can make their services sound great online but it is insincere with offerings and prices. If it is coupled with a blog that shows the human side such as articles about counselors in the area, best dating websites for recent divorcees, and how to divvy up your stuff without getting angry then the website becomes more of a trusted resource with more website traffic and it differentiates your law firm from all the others online. A blogger, newspaper, or PR firm, would be much more likely to choose your website if they are writing an article about divorce lawyers.
Where To Gain Quality SEO Backlinks:
- Find influential bloggers in your local area or in your industry and contact them. Developing a relationship first can open more opportunities, including backlinks. It’s like online networking.
- Go to in person networking events.
- Sit a on a webinar panel for your industry
- Sponsor an Event or donate to a charity (does not count as paying for backlinks; it’s just an added benefit but don’t expect a backlink just because you donated)
- Call up a local newspaper
- Fill out your local chamber website listing.
- Network through online industry forums
- Local resources: online community boards, forums, schools, and more – be creative!
- Exchange with small business owners (won’t be as strong as one way backlinks into your site)
- Create a FAQ (frequently asked questions) section with individual pages – want to link to superb factual information with pictures (300-600 words per page minimum)
What NOT To Do When Gaining Backlinks:
- Pay for backlinks
- Use spam sites
- Use social media to spam for backlinks
- Go against Google guidelines
- Use any blackhat techniques
- Have multiple backlinks in bulk on 1 website, creating duplicates