Verify A Google Plus Page
A correctly verified and 100% filled out Google Plus/Google My Business page can be a huge task for a small business owner learning SEO (Search Engine Optimization). It is a very important step to verify a google plus page for ranking well on Google and online. By taking just 1 hour of your time, you can have a fully optimized page just as a real SEO would. This has great advantages like having your business hours and phone number pop up directly on Google for customers to contact you or even having your customer reviews and virtual tour show up right on Google's knowledge graph (the thing on the right side of some search results).
Google Step-By-Step Instructions
Great .pdf with pictures directly from Google's program gybo.com or "Get Your Business Online":
Take A Detour
There's also a shortcut! You don't have to wait 2-3 weeks for a postcard to arrive in the mail if you get your listing verified through a certified Google Trusted Agency such as AwesomeDynamic.com. Here's how: Click the Request Business Verification Form.
Follow These Steps to Verify a Google Plus Page:
- Use gybo.com to find your listing or create a new listing.
- Send the postcard to verify and claim your business.
- Click the "request business verification form" link above.
- Fill out: Your name, business name AND city (state not necessary), Google username (must be a gmail account), event you got access to verification form (awesome dynamic webinar from video above), which organization hosted the event (AwesomeDynamic.com), what is the email address of the partner hosting the event ([email protected])
- Important: This form will not work unless you sent out the postcard before filling out the form and fill out the form within 30 days of sending the postcard.
- Click the checkmark box and you are done! Check back in a few days to a week to see if your business is verified.
- When the postcard arrives, you can discard if the verification went through. You will know if you have a checkmark next to your circle logo on your Google Plus page that says "verified" when you hover over it.
If you run into any problems, you can actually call Google. Well actually...Google calls you. Here's the link: Google Phone Support