What Are Facebook Reviews?
Facebook reviews are an online rating system for your business. An individual user can post a star rating of 1 to 5 stars and a comment. They are very similar to Google reviews, just on the Facebook platform.
How Do I Get the Ratings To Show Up On My Business Page?
You first need to setup your page correctly. You are eligible to start receiving reviews only if you chose your page category to be “local business” in page settings. Enter the address of the local business. As soon as you enter the address, the reviews tab will show up and happy customers can start reviewing your business!
Note: For multi location businesses, you will have to make multiple local pages.
How Can I Use Facebook Reviews To My Advantage?
Many SEOs (Search Engine Optimization) have strongly suggested that Facebook reviews have an impact on how you rank in Google. Facebook reviews are also extremely helpful for people that are looking to buy your products or services. Facebook is one of the largest online social media platforms and you can harness that power for your business.
Top Ways To Use Facebook Reviews For Your Business:
- Use the reviews as testimonials on your website
- Set up a Google My Business page and Google will automatically integrate Facebook reviews
- Competitive advantage over other competing local businesses
- Get 5 stars to show up in search results
- Real people rely on Facebook reviews to make purchasing decisions
How Do I Teach Customers To Review My Business?
- Click the reviews section on the left side of Page Timeline
- Hover over and click on the gray stars to choose a rating
- Optional Step: Write a review
- Click the public dropdown menu to select your audience
- Click Done
What is the Best Way To Get Facebook Reviews?
- Here’s a few different methods to gain Facebook reviews:
- Ask in person – at the business or an event
- Set up a page on your website with a thumbs up thumbs down. Here’s an example.
- Hand out flyers
- Train employees and sales team to get Facebook reviews
- Host a review party – Invite happy customers and other businesses in the area to try out your products or services and have them review you
- Networking events – Ask other local businesses who have used your services to review you
What Are The Guidelines on Facebook Reviews?
There are no guidelines specifically for Facebook reviews as Google reviews has. Facebook simply refers to their general guidelines for the website when touching the subject of reviews. You know, the standard stuff: no threats, don’t cause self-injury, no spam, no attacking public figures, etc.
A complete list here
Directly from Facebook on reviews:
“Ratings and reviews must follow the Facebook Community Standards, focus on the product or service offered by the Page and be based on personal experience. Reviews that don't follow these guidelines may be removed.”
What is interesting is that there is no specific rule prohibiting employees from posting reviews. There is also no rule about asking for reviews on the premises of the business.
How To Report A Review Violation On Your Business
2 ways to qualify for a Facebook review takedown:
- Does not follow Facebook Community Standards as linked above
- Focus is not the product or service offered