First, diagnose the problem found here: link to identify google penalty blog
- Call Upon The SEO Gods – Submit a great reconsideration request to Google. Use your best persuasive writing skills and prove that you made real changes to your website. Before you submit, check these sites LINK HERE to make sure you don’t have any existing penalties. If a request goes through it could take one week to several months.
- The Good Stuff – Fix your content. 300-600 words per product/service page and 1,500 words fo the homepage is recommended along with pictures, videos, infographics, and continually updating content with new blog posts, press releases, and events.
- Responsive Website – Check if your website is mobile friendly. It is important that your site looks great and is functional on any device no matter what type of phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop your customer is using to find you.
- Follow best practices – Google has a list of best practices. It’s called “white hat” SEO. These techniques will not get you blacklisted or penalized on Google.
- Call google support – When in doubt, call Google support and they will help you out or direct you. They are mostly for Google My Business help but may be able to help you.
- Google it – Chances are someone has had the same penalty in the past – go on youtube or use google and seo forums to see what you can do.
- It’s bad. Really bad. – If it’s really bad as in you do not show up on Google at all, hire an seo for at least a free consultation or full site audit so you know what to fix.