Major Google Event News:
Google has a huge campaign launched earlier this year entitled “Let’s Put Our Cities on the Map”. The idea is to get all the companies in the world onto Google Maps with the most updated and accurate information. It’s a great idea to host one of these at your local business.
The campaign is connected to gybo.com or “Get Your Business Online” also initiated by Google. It is Google’s attempt to make it very easy for small business owners to log on and start filling in their information.
Reasons to Host A GYBO Event:
- Free swag to give out delivered directly from Google (t-shirts, shopping bags, pens, etc.)
- More business in town means more foot traffic and business for you
- More money for your town
- Better online reputation for town
- Small and local businesses can compete with national companies
- Get loyal and happy customers to review your business (do not connect phones to wifi or reviews can be taken down)
Benefits For Your Business
The trend in towns hosting events is that average sales raise when the majority of businesses are on Google Maps with a Google My Business profile. Another added benefit is that the online presence of your brand can start to compete with well-established national brands. Hosting is an excellent way to advertise your small business and gain a reputation online. Help out the community while helping out your local business.