After switching from Amazon Vendor Central to Seller Central, a growing battery and adventure product company faced ongoing challenges in navigating the complexities of Amazon. While they were successfully running their own web store and working with third-party distributors, they wanted to begin selling directly to consumers. To implement this shift in their business model, they needed to develop a strong brand strategy.
- Sales needed to be increased on Amazon
- A product launch strategy needed to be developed
- Brand recognition needed to be increased on Seller Central
- Distributors were dominating the Buy Box, resulting in fewer direct sales
- Product compliance issues led to listings being removed from Amazon
- Optimized product listings with engaging photos, informative descriptions, and relevant keywords
- Monitored and optimized advertising and launched
- Sponsored Brand Video ads
- Created engaging content and built out their Brand Story, A+ Content, and Brand Store
- Designed high-quality product videos for product listings
- Suggested inventory management strategies to keep products in stock at Amazon’s preferred storage utilization ratio
- Worked with the client to successfully transition away from distributors and take over control of the listings selling directly to customers
- Worked with Amazon support and the client to resolve product compliance issues
There was a 53.97% increase in sales year-over-year in the following eight months after limiting distributors and focusing on direct sales. There was an 18.6% increase in the Buy Box win percentage after working with the client to eliminate distributors selling on the listings, compared to the previous eight months.