A men’s grooming product company established a strong track record on Amazon and saw potential in expanding its online sales presence to outside markets. They created a Walmart Seller Central account but ran into numerous issues editing listings and improving their reach on Walmart’s Marketplace.
- Listings could not be edited
- Client did not have access to advertise on Walmart Marketplace
- Optimization techniques were not implemented to help organic and paid search efforts
- Sales were declining or stagnant
- Applied keyword research and optimization strategies to their Walmart selling account.
- Regained control of branded listings, while adding an extra layer of brand protection by enlisting in Walmart’s Brand Portal.
- Received approval to create an advertising account and launch advertising campaigns.
- Utilized advertising campaigns to drive traffic to the freshly optimized product listings.
- Created a multi-pack (new option for Walmart) which increased average spend on each order.
After the listings were fully optimized and the advertising campaigns began, the GMV (Gross Merchandise Value / Sales) increased by 28.05%, compared to the same quarter the year prior. Additionally, with the new multi-pack option the average order increased from $16.80 to $18.27. This meant that each order shipped became more profitable.
*Compared to the same quarter the year prior